Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Promise


"Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

These last few weeks and months have really tested my faith. The decision to come to Italy was not one that was easily made by Justin and me.  The decision to put our lives and our future in God's hands was one that was very easy to make.  When I think about all of the promises God has made, the verse above holds one of my favorites.  It is simple, it does not take a deep thinker to understand the value of this verse.  Throughout these past few days, this verse has taken on an entirely new meaning.  Through this verse I know that wherever I am (either within the comfort of Georgia or in a strange new place) God is there...and if just His presence isn't enough this verse reminds me that he will strengthen me, help me, and most importantly uphold me.  So as our adventure here in Italy is just starting we are full of hope that the people here and our friends and family back home would really open their eyes and see his love and promises as a reality in their lives. 


Update: We have spent the last three days having interviews for jobs, figuring out long term stay procedures, and housing. On Thursday Justin had his first conversational English class in a small cafe.  It went really well. Eight people came and stayed for an hour and a half. He will continue these classes once a week for the next seven weeks.  We visited two families that need a babysitter/nanny.  One went really well, and we are hoping that God opens a door there.  Please pray for us this next week as we continue getting the "boring" but necessary/crucial details figured out.  Please pray for the people we are meeting daily that need the Gospel of Christ.  We love you and thank you for taking the time to stay involved in our lives.


Carli & Justin




No comments:

Post a Comment