Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Psalm 16

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start this blog by saying thank you for all of your prayers. We have been so encouraged this past few weeks. We finished the camp a few weeks ago and it went really well. We had about 28 young people come. We did lots of silly games, different sports, English lessons, and Gospel discussions every day.  We had an incredible team come from Houston to help run the camp. They were like a breath of fresh air and we are so thankful for the time we spent with them. It was great to see and be apart of new friendships being made. We pray with fervent hearts that there would be continued growth in the Italian young people here and that they would seek out the true life changing love of God displayed for us. Below is a little taste of the camp. Thanks to the team from Houston for putting together the video. Please pray for all of the seeds that were planted.



 Last week we packed all of our things into boxes and left them with our friends here. It is great to have friends that are willing to store our stuff for us while we are stateside. Carli and Justin's sister Grace will be flying back to GA tomorrow. Justin has to stay for two reasons. He has to train his replacement at his job, and he has to wait for his visa to be processed.  He hopes to have his visa by the beginning of August. Please be praying for a speedy processing time and that Justin would stay encouraged while he is in Italy. Be praying for us as we transition into this next step of being stateside. We are happy about the opportunity to rest and catch up with family and friends. We are looking forward to being on the receiving end of encouragement and training from our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are also sad about stepping back from the Gospel work here in Italy. We are praying for people to have open hearts for the mission here in Italy. Pray for the church plant here as they daily continue to spread Gospel seeds.

 We want to leave you with Psalm 16. As we live each day here or in America, God is where we take our refuge. We hope that He is your joy and that the daily trials are nothing compared to his daily mercies towards us.

"[1] Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. [2] I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” [3] As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight. [4] The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips. [5] The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. [6] The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. [7] I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. [8] I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. [9] Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. [10] For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. [11] You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Love,
Justin & Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment