Saturday, October 3, 2015

The glory of God in the midst of fund raising

Hi Everyone,

We have now been in Houston for 4 weeks. During this time, we have learned a lot, whether it be in our marriage, networking with others, fund raising and church ministry. We are starting to understand that our timing in life may not always be what God allows. We came to Houston with a fixed idea you could say, to raise funds for Impatto Budrio over the next 6 months. We can say that tentatively and we hope for that time frame, however we must not think that if we stay longer that something is wrong. The Lord will bring the increase to our needs and will see to it that everything is met.

 I was reading this morning from the book of Romans where Paul is closing his letter to the church in Rome. He writes in chapter 15, "For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience-by word or deed..." (Romans 15:18) Again, I'm astonished at how many times the apostle reiterated the reason why he could not boast in anything other than was Christ accomplished in and through him. I have found this incredibly encouraging as we invite brothers and sisters to participate in this vision and mission for Italy. No matter the time it takes to get back in Italy, I'm called to make much of how Christ is bringing about that good work until it's completion.

I wonder sometimes if this is part of the reason why God may not allow us to leave or come when we project times but that we allow His perfect work through His spirit to finish what we cannot. I'd encourage those of you who read our blog to think about that with what you have planned in your life. Are those plans changeable? Do you hold things with open arms? My prayer for Carli and I this week is that we rely on Jesus and venture to speak of nothing other than what He has done through and in our lives and put our trust in His timing.


No comments:

Post a Comment