Thursday, January 19, 2017

Merry Christmas & New Year


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

We hope that 2017 has started well. I was studying today and the words that Paul wrote in Philippians really stuck out to me. He was writing to the church in Philippi while he was imprisoned. This is what he wrote, "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." (Philippians 1:3-11)
It is important for all of us to remember that Paul did not pray for his circumstances or their future suffering to end. Instead he prayed for them to be filled up with the love of Christ. He prayed for their hearts to continually be molded into the image of Christ. That is my prayer for myself and for our loved ones reading this. Don't let the world distract you or discourage you with circumstances. Draw your joy and fulfillment from God and remember that serving Him and living for him is an honor. I have struggled in my circumstances (culture, missing loved ones, new roles as mom/missionary) this past year. After reading this prayer from Paul I was encouraged to see things differently.  I need more prayer and I need my heart to daily be transformed into one like God's.  Please pray that we would love people well and that we would consider joy to run this race set before us.

In Christ,
Justin, Carli, & Luca

No comments:

Post a Comment